Granny’s Blog

Lord show me someone to bless today ....God is good. all the time All the time....... God is good ......

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Sunday a day of rest........



I love Sundays............. thankful for them....

Today I have been pondering making a list of Gluten Free Foods that we can use for the grocery store list.... 

We spent 30 min trying to fig out if a Butterball Turkey was gluten free in our Target the other day.  We think it was not and bought a Jennie O.....  the gravy was not but the bird was.    How frustrating...... 

Not sure how to do this there should be one on the internet........ 

But why can I not find it..............sigh

So if any one reads this and is GF please feel free to share your favorite foods.  

My best treat so far is:
Betty Crocker Gluten free Devil's food cake.
Make them into cupcakes and put them frosted or not in a big tupperware container and stick them in the freezer.  Take one out on a day you need a choc fix....  Like today :) 

They are still moist and Yummy....

I made Quinoa (Red) turkey soup last night.  It was ok....but not amazing.  We rate everything on a scale and gave this a 6 or 7.  Next time maybe will try diff spices.  I put in sage and parsley garlic cloves.  Not a lot of salt.. This will be our soup of the week.
As oops I made a bunch....  
So far nothing is better than the squash soup or the potato soup.  I used all purpose GF flour to make the rivels.  Not like grandma's but it was probably an 8 on our scale maybe even a 9....  

Not sure anyone will ever read this but at least I will know where my notes are....  :)

That happens when you are in your 60's.  

God is good all the time
                All the time God is good...

PS I think I am going to miss Alabama....  :(



  


Labels: